[ Поиск ] - [ Пользователи ] - [ Календарь ] - [ Чат ]
Полная Версия: Ежедневные размышления для взрослых детей
Страницы: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
muhomorka
Psychotics think two and two make five.

Психотики думают, что два плюс два будет пять.

Психически больные люди думают, что два плюс два будет пять.

We cook up a good batch of frustration when we insist on having it both ways. But, whether we like it or not, every yes is also a no. A yes to playing with money is a no to a nest egg. A yes to the late movie is a no to an energetic morning. As the proverb says, "You can't make the bed and save the sheet."
It's a good idea to check out our priorities before we punish ourselves

Мы получаем хорошенькую помесь разочарования и безнадежности, когда настаиваем на обоих вариантах. «Да» игре на деньги - «нет» заначке на черный день. «Да» позднему фильму – «нет» энергичному утру. Как в поговорке: «что посеешь, то и пожнешь».
Хорошая идея свериться с нашими приоритетами...

Мы готовим себе разочарование, пытаясь настойчиво получить все сразу. Нравится нам это или нет, но каждое нет это еще и да. Да игре на деньги – нет финансовым сбережениям. Да позднему фильму - нет бодрости утром. Как в поговорке: «нельзя выспаться, не смяв постель».
Гораздо лучше выяснить свои приоритеты...

While we can't have it both ways, we can have peace of mind if we think through the trade-off before we make it.

Раз мы не можем убить сразу двух зайцев, мы можем сохранить умиротворение, если продумаем уступку до начала дела.

Несмотря на то, что мы не можем получить оба варианта одновременно, мы можем оставаться спокойными, если прежде чем начать, подумаем о том что мы выбираем.

What is worse is losing both ways: making our choices and then denying ourselves the pleasure of those choices by giving in to guilt. Life is too short to waste energy on phony dilemmas.

Хуже упустить обоих зайцев, делая выбор и потом запрещая себе удовольствие от этого варианта, погружением в вину. Жизнь так коротка, чтобы выбрасывать энергию на надуманные дилеммы.

Хуже, когда мы упускаем обе возможности, сделав выбор запрещаем себе им насладиться, погружаясь в чувство вины. Жизнь слишком коротка, чтобы тратить силы на ложные дилеммы.

Today, I will try to give full assent to the choices I make. Fence-sitting is an uncomfortable habit.

Сегодня я постараюсь расставить четкие акценты в выборах, которые я делаю. Отсиживание за оградой – неудобная привычка.

Сегодня я полностью приму сделаный мной выбор. Колебания - неудобная привычка.

поскольку царство Божие - внутри.
muhomorka
8 января
Проживайте каждый день своей жизни.
-Джонатан Свифт
Действительно, жизнь во многом как игра – обе смертельно серьезные, и обе требуют расслаблености, смеха и возможности поиграть.
В любом случае, жизнь требует внимания.
В жизни много всего поистине увлекательного и захватывающего – замечаем ли мы? Вней есть место юмору и веселью –видим ли мы это? В жизни есть вещи , которые трогают нас и полны героизма – готовы ли мы увидеть их?
Все они существуют не только в общих, туманных понятиях о жизни, но и в нашей жизни! Прямо здесь, где мы живем, в нашей жизни сегодня будет место герою и негодяю, будет причина для разочарования и безудержной радости, будет что-то прекрасное и ужасное. Мыльная опера не где-то там, она прямо здесь, с нами, в нас и вокруг нас. И задача в том, чтобы присутствовать в нашей собственной жизни, оторвавшись от других реальностей, найти огромную значимость и живость нашей собственной.
Жизнь это дар. Сегодня я не буду принимать жизнь как должное.

поскольку царство Божие - внутри.
Smudge
muhomorka, May, Киса! Как организовать финальное редактирование текстов?

Я готов продолжать выкладывать странички на английском, но хотел бы уже выкладывать постепенно ежедневник в виде готовых текстов в отдельный форум.

В принципе, готов публиковать и свои стилистические замечания...

"Сегодня я могу смеяться; но упаси меня, Боже, забыть о тех днях, когда я плакал" (с)
Smudge
JANUARY 9

A life without discipline is a life without joy.
—Muriel B.

Wait a minute. Isn't joy a matter of doing what we want? Isn't freedom the state of never having to do what we don't want to do? And isn't discipline — which we learned from our parents — the burden of having to do what we don't want to do?
Actually joy is the freedom to do what needs to be done. And gaining that freedom takes discipline. Why? Without discipline, we usually ended up doing what is familiar to us. And our experience clearly tells us that old thinking and old behaviors bring us anything but joy.
It takes discipline to say no when we need to — when every fiber of our being may be urging us to give in again. It takes discipline to stand up and be counted when our pattern has been to fade into the wallpaper and blend щ with any situation.
Discipline isn't easy or fun, but it's the best friend we can have. To practice self-discipline is to move through our days with a sure sense that we'll get where we're going.

Today, I will remember that self-discipline is in my self-interest.
Smudge
JANUARY 10

Tis peace of mind, lad, we must find.
—Theocritus

What could be more valuable than peace of mind? With it, no other valuables are necessary. Without it, all the valuables in the world aren't enough. Truly, no human condition is more desirable.
All languages have words for the profound sense of serenity that is peace of mind. Liberians talk about peace of mind in words that literally mean, "My heart sits down." In other parts of Africa, peace of mind is called a "body song" or "where the cool water runs." In any tongue, the sentiment is the same.
Peace of mind isn't something we go out and get. It's the result of something we do and keep on doing. Peace is the reward for turning our lives and our wills over to the care of God as we understand Him, so we can do what is necessary. When our response to shame is not a food binge, the afterglow is peace of mind; when we want to run from a relationship but don't, we have earned the sensation of peace; when we want to hide but we extend a heart and hand, we have won peace.

Today, I will prepare myself to receive peace of mind. I will thank God in advance for giving it to me.
Smudge
JANUARY 11

Anger helps straighten out a problem like a fan helps straighten out a pile of papers.
—Susan Marcotte

Some of us have temper tantrums. Like black clouds, we threaten an outburst at any moment. Other people learn to check us out for storm warnings. They want time to clear out or at least to put on a protective covering. We've caught them by surprise before, and they didn't like it. Now they've learned to watch out—to stay on their toes when we're around. Intimidating people, making them glad when we're not around so they can relax is a poor way to relate to others.
And what do the outbursts do for us? Is there a cheap sense of power or control for a few minutes? Are we advertising to the world that we're short on coping skills? Or do we tell ourselves that letting off steam is necessary once in a while, conveniently forgetting the steam blasting in other people's faces?
No tirade ever solved a problem. Anger is not a strategy. We don't have the right to rain on other people's parades. Our program can teach us better ways to deal with our anger—with honesty and fairness to ourselves and others.

Today, I ask my Higher Power for a peaceful and honest heart
Smudge
JANUARY 12

What I said never changed anybody; what they understood did.

How often have we given our all to change somebody else? How frantically have we tried to force a loved one to see the light? How hopelessly have we watched a destructive pattern—perhaps a pattern we know well from personal experience—bring terrible pain to someone who is dear to us?
All of us have.
We would do anything to save the people we love. In our desperation, we imagine that if we say just the right words in just the right way, our loved ones will understand.
If change happens, we think our efforts have succeeded.
If change doesn't happen, we think our efforts have failed. But neither is true. Even our best efforts don't have the power to change someone else. Nor do we have that responsibility. People are only persuaded by what they understand. And they, as we, can understand a deeper truth only when it is their time to grow toward deeper understanding. Not before.

Today, I will focus on changing myself and entrust those I love to the Higher Power who loves them even more than I do.
Smudge
JANUARY 13

God will wait as long as it takes for us.
—Rev. R. Walters

Whenever we try to understand, analyze, or probe too much into the reasons for love, we damage it. All that can really be done with love is accept it.
God has said He loves us. We are loved. Regardless of all painful experiences we may have had that convinced us love never lasts, or that love may be fine for others but it just doesn't work for us—regardless of what we may have learned of love—God has said He loves us.
There is a lovely parable in Scripture about the lost sheep and the steadfast love of the shepherd. When the one sheep became lost, as the parable goes, the shepherd did not simply write it off as the cost of doing business. The shepherd searched diligently until the lost sheep was found. No mention is made of scolding, abuse, or punishment—simply the joy the shepherd felt at finding one of his own that was lost.
We are as loved as that lost sheep; and, at times, as lost. Whether we feel we are worth it or not, the Shepherd patiently, faithfully searches us out. We cannot outrun God's reach.

Today, I ask God to deepen my faith.
Smudge
Для 2 января сделайте перевод последней строчки:

Цитата
Today, I humbly ask God for the wisdom to accept what is and to let go of what isn't

"Сегодня я могу смеяться; но упаси меня, Боже, забыть о тех днях, когда я плакал" (с)
May
Сегодня, я смиренно прошу Бога о мудрости, чтобы принять то, что есть, и отпустить то, чего нет

восстановление тоже подходит по смыслу, но непривычно немного... ИМХО
Взрослый Ребёнок
muhomorka, я перевёл
Цитата
Creative work is the fullest human expression of being alive
как
Цитата
Творческая работа - это полнейшее выражение человека, это полнота жизни.

немного вольновато, скажи, если ты против...
Гость_Любаша
Цитата (Киса @ 6.01.2011 - 14:30)
recovery обычно переводят как выздоровление
восстановление тоже подходит по смыслу, но непривычно немного...

ну да, "выздоровление" просто уже привычно для нашего русско-язычного анонимного уха ab.gif
May
Учла "выздоровление" в своем переводе, но не знаю теперь, как исправить уже выложенное не мной. И приму на будущее. Не сообразила.